1. You may register online or mail in your information to the SMWGA address to be found at the bottom of this page.
2. Include :
- Name of tournament/date
- Player(s) names and home club(s)
- Cart? Walking?
- Any additional special request if needed
3. Weekly Tournament Entry Fee is $25, which includes a $17 green fee, $6 prize money, and $2 management overhead. Special Tournament Fees are listed under event. Note both tournament and playing partner on check. Junior players only pay user fee of $17 for all events and cart fee is required. 2. Eligibility for A or B tournament is determined by player’s handicap index during the tournament entry dates. The fact that a player’s handicap may differ on the actual tournament date will not make that player ineligible for prizes in the division to which she was assigned.
IF YOU ARE REGISTERING ONLINE, there is $1 added to each registration to cover the cost of the online payment system. Online registrations have the same open and close dates (posted on the schedule).
4. If using the paper card, mail completed SMWGA card to the SMWGA Office. NOTE: Entry with accompanying fee must be postmarked no earlier than the opening date (Mon.) and no later than the closing date (Fri.). Phone reservations for alternate list are permitted after closing date. No walk-ons on tournament day.
5. When any tournament is oversubscribed, a blind draw will be held. Drawn out, late, and early entries will be placed on an alternate list. Players who are drawn out will be exempt in any draw during the next tournament season.
6. Tee times and pairings are determined at random by the USGA Tournament Pairing Program under supervision of the Executive Director.
7. Tee times and pairings will be posted on the website by Friday, 12 days before the tournament. If you cannot access the web, send a stamped self addressed envelope with your payment and they will be sent to you.
8. Members must comply with assigned tee times.
9. Members may invite a guest to any regular weekly tournament. A person may participate as a guest only once per season.
1. Cancellation of a tournament will occur only when a course is deemed unplayable by the Golf Course Superintendent or an authorized official of the host club. There will be no rescheduling. Cancelled tournaments do not constitute a waiver of 3 completed tournaments requirement for Championship. In case of weather cancellation, a message will be left on the SMWGA office phone (829-4442) and website (www.smwga.com).
2. Cancellation during a tournament may occur due to inclement or dangerous weather conditions. The decision to cancel a tournament in progress will be made in consultation with the host Professional and/or Green Superintendent, and will be made by an SMWGA Executive Board member if one is present, otherwise by an SMWGA staff member, SMWGA designated scorer, or host Club Representative, in that order of preference. If cancellation occurs after all players have completed at least 9 holes, prizes will be awarded based upon the results of those nine holes. Participation in the tournament (but not the 9 hole score) will count with regard to year-end awards and Championship eligibility.
3. If withdrawal is necessary, notify the SMWGA office (829-4442) ASAP. If day of play, call host club. Lack of notification will be reviewed by the Executive Board. You may not replace yourself in a tournament without notifying the SMWGA office.
4. Cart reservations (on entry card) constitute a commitment to payment unless cancelled at host club by 5:00 P.M. on the Sunday prior to tournament. This is the player’s responsibility. Anyone with a cart reservation who cancels a tee time after the Sunday deadline will owe the cart payment. SMWGA will pay the host club and bill the player.
5. Checks will be VOIDED and DESTROYED when:
– the field is oversubscribed and member is not used as an alternate, or
– the tournament is cancelled, or
– player’s cancellation is received at SMWGA office (829-4442) 10 or more days prior to the event, or
– SMWGA staff, and only SMWGA staff, replaces player with an alternate.